Thursday, July 15, 2010

Billy is the best dog in the world!


I love Billy. He has been surprising me so much lately!! He had his first agility class, Contacts and Weaves, which is actually his first class EVER in 4.5 years and he was sooooooo good!! I was really worried that he was going to react to the other dogs and disrupt the class with his barking but he was the calmest member of the class and someone even remarked at how calm he was being! I brought the best treats I could find, steak, cheese, and natural balance, and I just did everything I could to keep his attention, which was practically constant feeding but I didn't care because he was staying relaxed and focused on me. I also played the "look at that" game from Control Unleashed, which actually Leslie McDevitt, the author of the book, is an instructor at the club. Billy is really getting the game and it really helps him to relax knowing he can check out who is in his environment. I had more fun before class even started working with Billy then when we actually started doing agility. Well, maybe not haha the class was fun too. We just worked on back-chaining the contact behaviors and getting comfortable on a lowered dog walk. Billy did great with everything. I had him off leash and he stayed with me the whole time. God I love that dog. He's the best ever.

Happy boy after class

Earlier in the day Billy, Goose, my sister, and I went to visit and have lunch with my dad at his office. Goose did great with everyone he met. He loves meeting new people. He's so cute he sits really calm and gives them all puppy dog eyes. It was a good time until I looked over and Goose was hunched over right on the oriental rug. I THOUGHT I caught him right in the beginning so I grabbed him and ran outside but I waited for a while and he wouldn't poop. Finally he peed so i figured maybe it was a fluke. No. I went back inside and saw a pile of diarrhea on the rug. YAY! So I cleaned that up right before eating! FUN!
The boys in the office
Sleepy boy after pooping everywhere
(the pink harness was on sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment