Friday, July 9, 2010

Light bulb moment

Last night was Billy's evaluational at Y2K9's. He did so well!! When we first got there he was hyped up and pretty aroused because it was a totally new environment and one of the instructors was working a dog on the equipment, but it was nothing that was out of control or unexpected. The instructor asked me to warm up Billy in the ring, which was after I let him off leash to sprint around the arena which is what he does when I take him to the barn. After about a 20 second sprint he came back to me and did spins and heel work for a tug and some food. Then she asked to me get him on to the lowered table however I wanted. I just shaped him on in 2 seconds because he already knows a "go to mat" behavior. She asked me to put him in a stay and he did awesome even with her distractions of walking around him and banging the teeter. Then she brought out her little dog to see if Billy could work alongside another dog and still stay focused. I was nervous because Billy really likes to get a good feel of the dogs in his environment before he feels comfortable. I just rapid fire fed him on the table just for staying there and after a minute he was okay to go from table to a low jump and back which was fun. Eventually he did run over to say "Hi" to her dog, but recalled really well!! I was very pleasantly surprised. She said we would be good to skip the foundation class! woo hoo! Good job Billy! Only thing is I can't make the basic 1 class because of scheduling. So we may do a few privates instead.

Best dog ever

Goose has a light bulb moment with retrieving today! He loves to tug and obviously being a BC likes to chase anything I throw but wasn't really understanding that the game is more fun if you bring the toy back. I was working on it by running away from him and tugging with certain toys I thew and he would sometimes bring it back a few times but I could tell he wasn't really getting it or really enjoying it. Until tonight! He has a gross tennis ball with a big chunk missing that he thinks is a lot more special then regular tennis balls and I threw it and he brought it right back! Didn't try to hoard it or chew it, just brought it back dropped and and wanted me to throw it again! and we played for a while until Billy ruined the game. Poor Billy. Everything's so much more fun for him when it's someone elses turn. Although he does get in his crazy fetching moods too. I don't know why I'm so excited about Goose understanding and liking fetch because I don't think there is a BC that doesn't like to play fetch but I didn't want mine to be the first one.
Fetching Machine!

In other Goose news, he cuddled with me again. It was weird, but cute! He also peed in the house twice within 10 minutes. I caught him the first time and ran him outside and he peed outside so I bought him back and and 5 minutes later I heard the dreaded sound again!! What the heck puppy. I guess he must have drank a lot of water and I didn't realize.

In other Billy new, Billy is the cutest bestest dog in the world! I used to want to write a "Marley and Me" type book about Billy because he has 100 adventures that top any of Marleys, and last night after he did so well at the agility eval. I was thinking in my head that now I need to write a book about how good he is... HAH after I had been outside working with Goose I came in and Billy was super excited. I was like aww he wants to play too! so I let him out and he sprinted to the egde of the yard, took a poo, the went into the woods and ignored me for a while. When he finally came back he had no interest in playing with me. Ohhh Billy. Always, keeping me on my toes. AT LEAST HE THE MOST HANDSOME DOG THAT EVER LIVED!

Who does this?

No comments:

Post a Comment