Monday, July 12, 2010

Man in the mirror

So, nothing too extraordinary has happened in the past few days. Goose continues to love and understand fetch, but only really in the house. Outside he still doesn't quite get it. I went away
for the weekend, so two of my friends watched Billy and Goose. They each went to a different person because I thought Billy AND a puppy would be a bit of a burden for my friend that always watches Billy. Billy I'm sure had a blast with his babysitter. He LOVES her pit bull, Layla, and they play nonstop when he's with her. In love

Cuties


Goose got to stay with my friend and her Lab, Molly. Apparently, Molly loves Goose and he had a great time. I'm so lucky that I have friends that will dog sit for me and take such great care of my dogs!
Molly and the babyyyy

Today Goose had his second puppy class! It was a lot of fun. We did an attention game, loose leash walking practice, and learned doggy zen. There are only 4 puppies in our class...a Bouvier, a Curly Coated Retriever, and a Boxer. All the puppies are cute and their owners are really nice. Goose does pretty well in class, the biggest problem we had was he got full and then the environment became more interesting then me. I had 4 different kinds of food, kibble, natural balance, turkey and cheese, but he was really uninterested by the end. Next week I'm going to bring a toy too. He is really a Border Collie... he's starting to totally act like one. He's not just a wobbly, mindless, ball of fur anymore.

Goose has always been a little sound sensitive. Since I broke my phone, I had to set my regular alarm clock to wake me up this morning. I wanted to make sure it was working so I tested it out before I went to bed. Goose was on my bed and when the alarm went off he was FREAKED out. It was like radio static because the radio in it is really crappy. Even when I turned it really low and then off he was still wary of the clock. We must do more sound sensitivity work! He is also nervous about weird things in his environment, especially in the dark. Tonight he alarm barked at a potted plant that was out near where he usually pottys. He also alarm barked at his reflection in a glass door. Totally not something I experienced with Billy at all! This will be a good learning experience.

TOMORROW IS OUR FIRST PUPPY AGILITY CLASS!! Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment