Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cuddle puppy

Today Goose had two BIG breakthroughs. Well, maybe three actually.
1. He cuddled with me
2. He shared a bone with a strange dog
3. He learned to pivot around a pedestal
Goose has not been a big cuddler at all since I got him, which I expected since he was probably the least crazy about human attention of all the puppies in his litter. He did and does love people but isn't in your face nuts about human affection. Today however, he wanted to lie next to me on the couch and put his head down on my arm and fell asleep! What a cute little baby!
Okay, so the biggest break through was Goose sharing a stuffed bone with my friend Susie's Rottweiler. I couldn't believe it. Is it possible for a dog to just have a bad day and resource guard? or do puppies just learn really quickly not to guard? Or was this a Fluke? I don't know, but I was happy! We will keep doing the exercises though because I'd much rather be safe than sorry. GOOD BOY GOO!!
Goose before the falling of the ear

Finally, only after two short sessions Goose learned to pivot around a pedestal, or an empty tin in his case. It is so cute to see his little back legs working so hard. I am going to use this behavior to teach him to contact heel, hopefully.

Billy seems sad today. He didn't want to sleep on my bed last night which he usually does, I think because I've been letting Goose sleep on the bed for parts of the night if he is quiet. Poor Billy. I put Goose in his crate so Billy could come back on the bed, but I think he still spent most of the night on the floor.

Billy sad because he has to share the bed with an annoying puppy

Billy was the cutest puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment