Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nobody likes puppies

I took Goose on a walk with my friend through her neighborhood tonight after his agility class with the hope that he could meet some friendly dogs and people to help him be less worried about seeing strange people from a distance. Well, it would have been perfect because we passed a lot of people, but EVERYONE ignored him. Poor puppy. When we got close enough that he started his happy dance people wouldn't even look at him. Some of the people he would bark at and others he would just slow up a little until we got close, but he was always happy when we got close and was always ignored. Finally I told my friend to wait a second and I walked Goose up about 25 feet then turned around and he thought my friend was a new person. So he slowed up at first then started wiggly butt dancing and finally got pats! I guess it was a good experience but I wish that it could have been more positive for him. Oh well! Maybe next time I go there will be less puppy haters out.

No comments:

Post a Comment